Satellite Data and Drone Technology
YouFarm understands the financial risks associated with farming. In order to mitigate these risks, YouFarm uses satellite data and drone technology in order to:
- Monitor crop development on every field every day
- Provide soil testing and analysis
- Prove farmers with accurate weather data and information to grow better crops
- Providing farmers with the technology and information to grow better crops
- Using Normalized Difference Vegetative Index (NDVI) and Near Infrared sensors (NIR) to monitor crop for changes
- Reducing inputs and increasing outputs through precision farming
The Internet of Things (IoT) has the capability to transform the world we live in. YouFarm is introducing these technologies to Zimbabwean farmers in order to improve yields and create smarter farms and smarter farmers. YouFarm uses precision farming in order to reduce costs and increase yields.
In order to ensure that farmers focus on the crops and do not side market inputs or produce, YouFarm:
- Provides farmers with experienced agronomists to ensure that maximum yields are achieved
- Ensures that inputs are used correctly
- Provides training and education for farmers
- Is responsible for marketing of produce
YouFarm ensures that all crops are insured against force majeur and political risk through our insurance partners.